Lopdell House, 418 Titirangi Rd. Phone 027 260 6174
My commitment is
– to seeking understanding of your unique nature, and whatever is significant in your life.
– to acknowledge your strengths and your integrity, alongside whatever brings you to psychotherapy.
– to working actively with you in order to discover and to address whatever is preventing the achievement of your aspirations or goals, or of leading a life which you find fulfilling and meaningful in all respects.
– to address expressions of dis-ease or un-ease; emotional and physical.
My clinical experience is
– over 25 years of offering long-term and short-term psychotherapy to individuals and couples, from diverse backgrounds, presenting a wide range of personal, relationship, family or work-related issues.
– practice in private and public settings in the UK and Aotearoa, New Zealand.
Other contributions to the field include
– over 20 years of experience as a trained clinical supervisor of psychotherapists, psychotherapy students, health practitioners and others working in public and private settings in helping professions.
– co-authorship of a book and author of numerous book chapters and papers
– over 20 years of experience as a trainer/facilitator of psychotherapists to Masters Level
My approach is informed by:
– affective neuroscience, MindBody approaches, the person-centred approach, psychodynamic theory and attachment theory.
I welcome enquiries from prospective clients and supervisees.